Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Laced with walnuts and sweetened with pancake syrup, this moist and tender banana bread is perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas (, mashed)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9- x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pancake syrup, yogurt, coconut oil and vanilla until blended; whisk in bananas.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture; fold in walnuts, if desired. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for about 50 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on rack.
Tip: Substitute pecans or hazelnuts for walnuts if desired.
Saturated Fat 1g
WW SmartPoints = 5