- Questions? Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the Walden Farms Security Office/Privacy at
RogerDalton@WaldenFarms.com, or at the following physical mailing address: Walden Farms Company, 1209 West St. Georges Avenue, Linden, New Jersey 07036
- All Credit Card Transactions/online orders are secured via SSL 128 Encryption which is the most advanced and secure method of processing electronic orders over the Internet today.
What Information Do We Collect? Information Walden Farms collects from visitors to this Site includes personal information such as names, postal addresses and email addresses, and other information such as survey responses. When making an online purchase, you may be asked to provide relevant credit card information. Personal information is collected only for specific purposes and with the knowledge of the person providing the information. To access the Site you are not required to register or submit any personal information. The content of this Site is not directed to children and Walden Farms does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under eighteen years of age.
- Why Do We Collect This Information? Purposes for which Walden Farms may collect personal information online include, but are not limited to: Sweepstakes and Contest Entries. From time to time, Walden Farms offers sweepstakes, contests and other promotions that require online registration. Persons wishing to participate in those programs are asked to provide some personal information. Some of the information requested for this purpose is optional, but other requested information, such as the individual’s name and email address, is mandatory because it will be needed to identify and notify winners. Also, some contests may require selection of a user ID and password by the individual. Coupon and Rebate Requests. Visitors to the Site may be offered the opportunity to apply for rebates or request discount coupons associated with Walden Farms products. Those visitors may be asked to provide certain personal information such as names, postal addresses and email addresses in connection with those offers. "Contact Us" and "Write to Us" Features. Walden Farms encourages visitors to the Site to contact us with questions and requests. Walden Farms also offers email news updates for visitors who expressly request that service. Personal information of persons using these features may be collected in order to facilitate our responses to those inquiries.
Product Registration. Purchasers of certain Walden Farms products may want to register their purchases online so that they can take advantage of warranties, product updates and other benefits. Purchasers are asked to submit certain personal information such as names, postal addresses and email addresses as part of the product registration process.
Loyalty Program Registration. Walden Farms offers various “loyalty” programs that provide benefits to purchasers of Walden Farms products. The loyalty program online registration process requests personal information concerning the individual who signs up. Participants in loyalty programs also may need to provide personal information in order to redeem program
- Requests for Consumer Brochures and
Videos. Walden Farms may offer product information, including brochures and videos, through the Site. Persons ordering those materials are asked to provide their name and postal address.
- Purposes for which Walden Farms may collect other information include: Consumer Surveys. Walden Farms sometimes conducts online consumer surveys or asks for information from persons completing online forms. This information, such as household size, past purchases and household income, is provided voluntarily and is never required for participation in a sweepstakes, contest or loyalty program, to register a product or to obtain product information. "Click
stream" Data. The Site automatically collects certain data concerning its interactions with visitors that facilitate Site operation, management and planning. Such data may include the IP address of your computer, the date and time of an online request, the type of browser and operating system used by your computer, the time required to download information you requested, and error codes generated while your browser is in contact with the Site.
- How Do We Use, and When Do We Disclose, the Information We
Collect? Personal information provided by consumers and visitors to our Site is used to fulfill requests and transactions submitted through the Site. For example, Walden Farms sometimes shares information submitted in connection with sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other programs with vendors that Walden Farms has retained to administer those and other programs. Walden Farms may also share certain information with third party organizations for the purpose of processing your credit card transactions. Walden Farms seeks to restrict third parties’ use of such data to the purposes for which it has been provided and to ensure the third parties do not disclose that information to unauthorized parties. Walden Farms does not sell personal information collected on its Site. Walden Farms may from time to time share your personal information with our affiliates, or with business and promotional partners that offer products or services that we believe will be of interest to you. Walden Farms also may share other data, collected in connection with consumer surveys and other activities, with consumer research and marketing firms.
Walden Farms will provide personal information to law enforcement authorities and other entities where Walden Farms determines that such disclosure is required by subpoena, warrant, court order or other applicable law or process. Although Walden Farms seeks to require companies with which it does business, and to which personal information is provided, to protect such personal information, Walden Farms cannot be responsible for third parties’ violations of this Policy or of any other rights of visitors or consumers that use this Site. Walden Farms may provide personal information and other information, collected online from visitors and consumers, to a purchaser or successor entity in connection with the sale of Walden Farms, a subsidiary or affiliate or line of business associated with Walden Farms, or substantially all of the assets of Walden Farms or one of its subsidiaries, affiliates or lines of business.